Vinyl decal installation guide
When you receive your Vinyl Signs / Decals , please follow these instructions and you should achieve a perfect result in installing your new signage. If you need help or advise, you can contact us via this form.
Tools and Equipment Required.
You may require the following equipment before you begin the installation,
depending on the size and/or accuracy required for your decal.
- Clean Cloths
- Spay bottle with clean water and a few drops of dish-washing liquid ( if using the wet application method)
- Masking tape
- Tape measure or ruler
- Squeegee or credit Card to press down decal (squeegee recommended)
- Scissors and a sharp blade knife (stanley etc..)
Your decal consists of 3 parts.
- The backing paper which holds the lettering/graphics in place.
- The vinyl sign / decal itself.
- The transfer tape or paper which will hold all the lettering / graphics in the correct positions during the application.
Your decal may have arrived in a envelope, small box or tube depending on the size you have ordered. Remove the decal from the packaging and place on a flat surface and run your squeegee from the centre outwards in all directions to flatten out the decal. Turn the decal upside down and repeat the process.
Dirt and dust particles will cause vinyl lettering / decals to bubble and not stick properly.
- Clean the destination surface to remove any dirt, oils and grime.
- Dry surface thoroughly.
- Decals should not be applied to freshly painted surfaces.